South Amboy Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
Knowledgeable Attorneys Guide Clients Through the Legal Claims Process Following Their South Amboy Uber/Lyft Accident
Ridesharing companies such as Uber and Lyft have provided people with convenient transportation alternatives, particularly when driving oneself or using public transportation is not feasible or desirable. Unfortunately, the increasing popularity of rideshare services has also meant increasing numbers of motor vehicle accidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles. Many injured Uber/Lyft accident victims have faced significant difficulties in obtaining full compensation for their injuries and property damage.
For more than 30 years, the attorneys of CourtLaw have helped guide clients through some of the most complex legal matters. With an exclusive focus on personal injury cases, our attorneys have an extensive and in-depth experience with successfully pursuing maximum compensation for injured accident victims. We are ready to help any injured person, no matter how large or small, complex or simple their case may be. But we also strive to offer a friendly, accessible environment. We want to be easy to talk to so that you can have your questions answered and understand what is going on in your case. Our focus is always on you and your recovery; you are never just a case or a number to us.
Contact our firm today to set up a consultation with one of our South Amboy Uber/Lyft accident lawyers to discuss the details of your case and to learn more about how having a dedicated, knowledgeable personal injury attorney in your corner can make the difference in securing the maximum financial recovery that you need and deserve.
Who Can Be Held Liable for an Uber/Lyft Accident?
As Uber and Lyft drivers are classified as independent contractors, it has proven difficult in the past to seek compensation directly from the rideshare companies for individuals who were injured through no fault of their own by Uber or Lyft drivers. In recent years, New Jersey has passed laws and regulations that require rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft to offer, through their drivers, insurance coverages that ensure injured victims of Uber/Lyft accidents are fully compensated for their injuries and damages.
The amount of insurance coverage available through an Uber/Lyft driver will depend on the circumstances that exist at the time of the accident:
- If the driver is driving to pick up a passenger or actively transporting a passenger, there must be insurance coverage of at least $1.5 million per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage, $10,000 in primary medical coverage, and $1.5 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- If the driver is logged into the rideshare mobile application and is awaiting a ride request, there must be coverage of at least $50,000 per person/$100,000 per occurrence in bodily injury liability, $25,000 per incident in property damage liability, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection coverage as is normally required of drivers in New Jersey
- If the driver is not logged into the rideshare application, then the driver’s own personal insurance policy applies
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, these coverages are available to a passenger of the Uber or Lyft, an occupant of another vehicle involved in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, a pedestrian or bicyclist, or even the Uber/Lyft driver himself or herself.
The South Amboy Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyers of CourtLaw Are Ready to Fight to Get You the Compensation You Deserve for Your Injuries
We know that being injured in an Uber/Lyft accident can leave you feeling anxious about having to pay for expensive treatment and recovery or to pay your other bills while you lose out on income due to missed work. When you choose CourtLaw to handle your South Amboy Uber/Lyft accident case, you can trust that we will quickly get to work:
- Investigating your accident and reviewing the evidence, including accident scene photos, police reports, eyewitness statements, and your medical records from the treatment of your injuries
- Building a strong, effective legal claim, assisted when necessary by expert witnesses who can provide persuasive opinions on liability and damages
- Identifying at-fault parties and sources of compensation, such as insurance coverages
- Negotiating for full compensation of your financial and personal losses
- Advocating your case in court and at trial, if a negotiated resolution of your case turns out to not be possible
Contact Our Firm Today for a Free Consultation with a South Amboy Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
When you or a loved one have incurred damages due to injuries suffered in an Uber/Lyft accident in South Amboy, you may have legal rights and options in pursuing compensation for your damages. Let an experienced attorney help you understand your legal rights and walk you through the process of obtaining a financial recovery. Schedule a free, no-obligation initial case evaluation with a South Amboy Uber/Lyft accident attorney from CourtLaw today to learn more about how our firm can help put you in the best position for receiving full and fair financial compensation for your injuries and damages.
About South Amboy, NJ
South Amboy is a city located in Middlesex County, New Jersey, located on Raritan Bay across from Perth Amboy. Given its position on Raritan Bay, South Amboy has been an important transportation hub, including serving as a link between Lower New York Bay and Philadelphia, with three major railroads running through the city.
Frequently Asked Questions about Uber/Lyft Accidents in South Amboy, NJ
No. You will not be banned from using the Uber or Lyft service in the future if you make a claim for compensation for injuries and damages that you suffered in an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle or in your own vehicle that was collided into by another driver who was driving for the rideshare company at the time of your accident.
Under New Jersey law, you generally have two years from the date of your Uber/Lyft accident to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for your injuries; you have six years from the date of the accident to file suit to recover compensation for property damage. For a minor child who was a victim of an Uber/Lyft accident, these time limits do not begin to run until he or she turns 18 years old.