Plainfield Personal Injury Lawyer
New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting to Hold Negligent Parties Accountable to Keep Plainfield Safe
Accidents that result in serious personal injuries happen on a daily basis in Plainfield and elsewhere in New Jersey—accidents that could easily have been prevented if someone else had acted carefully to protect the safety of you and your loved ones. Fortunately for accident victims, the legal system provides a mechanism for recovering compensation for those injuries, both to make the injured party whole again (to the extent possible) and to deter future careless actions.
Injured In Plainfield, NJ Due To A Negligent Person And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
At CourtLaw, we know that the legal system can be difficult to navigate if you don’t have experience handling personal injury cases. In a fairer world, you wouldn’t have to understand the legal system to recover the compensation you deserve after someone else acted carelessly. The reality, however, is that legal help can make the recovery process run much more smoothly. You need an experienced personal injury lawyer such as our attorneys at Courtlaw in order to make the process fairer for you. Even a simple insurance claim can be tied up for an unreasonable period of time if the insurance company believes they can pay less than the costs you’ve incurred, and our lawyers are here to make sure you are treated fairly and recover the maximum amount of compensatory damages possible in your case.
Complications Common to Various Forms of Plainfield Personal Injury Cases
Our lawyers have experience in navigating the various complications that can arise regardless of how you were injured. Some common types of complications that may arise in different types of accident cases in Plainfield include:
- Car accidents. Multi-vehicle accidents, rollover accidents, and distracted driving accidents are variations on the traditional car accident that may produce unforeseen complications. For example, proving that another driver was texting while driving can be difficult, and in a rollover accident, a detailed investigation into the vehicle’s design or manufacture may be necessary
- Truck accidents. Even if it seems clear that the driver’s negligence caused the accident, complications may arise because it may be the truck driver’s employer who is ultimately responsible for paying damages—necessitating negotiations with commercial insurance carriers that are deeply motivated to minimize liability.
- Construction accidents. The interaction between workers’ compensation laws and personal injury laws can, in some cases, foreclose the option of a lawsuit against the employer—but in other cases, our investigations may reveal that a non-employer third party was actually responsible for the accident. In some cases, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and money damages from a responsible third party. At Courtlaw, our lawyers will fight hard to maximize your recovery from all available sources.
Resourceful Personal Injury Lawyers Work Tirelessly to Smooth the Recovery Process for Accident Victims in Plainfield, NJ
While issues arising in your personal injury case in Plainfield can be complicated, dealing with your lawyer shouldn’t have to be. At CourtLaw, our lawyers pride ourselves on being both accessible and easy to talk to—if you have a question about your case, you can always talk it through with your lawyer so that you understand the entire process. We know how important it is for you to focus on your physical recovery, so we focus on recovering the compensation you need as quickly as possible in your case, including compensation for:
- The cost of medical and rehabilitative care
- Lost wages, salary and employee benefits
- Loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Other intangible damages, such as loss of enjoyment of life or loss of companionship
I am very pleased for the great legal support that our firm founder has provided to me and my family throughout the years we have been clients of his firm. I highly recommend Karim and his team of attorneys.
I met the Lawyer our firm founder during my last visit to New Jersey. I thank him for the advice he gave me with my case. I truly recommend his legal services.
our firm founder is the best Lawyer I ever met.
Contact the Trusted Plainfield, NJ Personal Injury Lawyers at CourtLaw to Discuss Your Right to Compensation Today
You may not be sure at first who should be held financially responsible for your personal injuries. That makes the advice of a skilled Plainfield personal injury lawyer all the more valuable in your case. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will be by your side through all phases of your case, and this includes taking on the heavy lifting in gathering the evidence necessary to establish actual liability in your case. We provide all of our potential clients with a free initial consultation, so if you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury, call us today or fill out this online contact form to discuss your case with a reputable lawyer.
About Plainfield, NJ
Plainfield, nicknamed the “Queen City”, is located in Union County, New Jersey, about 35 miles from New York City. The population of Plainfield has been growing steadily over the past two decades, reaching an estimated high of 51,327 in 2017. Originally founded by the Quakers, Plainfield developed into an industrial center for printing, as well as the manufacturing of chemicals and electronic components. Because Plainfield was home for many wealthy citizens in the 19th and 20th centuries, it is also now home to many suburban architectural attractions, including what was once referred to as “Millionaire’s Row” in the 19th century.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims in Plainfield, NJ
Under federal tax laws, amounts received in a personal injury lawsuit or settlement that are related to your personal injury are not counted as taxable income—which means you will not have to pay taxes on most of your settlement award. In some rare cases where punitive damages are available, those punitive damages may constitute taxable income because they are considered to be paid in order to punish the responsible party, rather than compensate you for the personal injury. However, in the majority of cases, your compensation award will not be taxable.
A statute of limitations is the time period during which you are legally entitled to pursue a civil action for compensation for your injuries. In a Plainfield, New Jersey personal injury case, the statute of limitations is usually two years from the date that your accident occurred. While you may be barred from recovery if you wait too long, the statute of limitations does not mean that you should wait two years to call a lawyer to pursue your right to compensation—as is the case with seeking medical care, calling a lawyer sooner is usually better.