Uninsured Accident Attorneys Old Bridge, NJ

Experienced Lawyers Helping Victims Involved in Serious Car Accidents in Middlesex County, Essex County, and Mercer County, NJ

New Jersey law requires that vehicle owners carry a minimum amount of liability insurance to cover them in the event that they cause an accident. These minimum amounts are very low, and frequently do not even begin to cover the property damage, injuries and deaths that can result from accidents caused by negligence. Moreover, some drivers ignore the law entirely and manage to operate motor vehicles without any insurance at all. If you are involved with an underinsured (UIM) or uninsured (UM) motorist, it can be very difficult to obtain any compensation. Most people need an attorney to obtain even the bare minimum.

Attorneys Handling UIM And UM Accident Cases

The lawyers at CourtLaw have many years of experience handling UM and UIM claims and know where to look for insurance coverage that may help after a motor vehicle accident involving an underinsured or uninsured motorist. If you have been involved in a hit-and-run accident or some other accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, contact our firm to discuss your case.

When The Other Driver Is Uninsured or Underinsured…

Even if the other driver is uninsured or underinsured you may still be able to obtain compensation for your injuries, medical bills, lost income and other costs associated with your accident. Our lawyers explore all options in pursuit of compensation for clients.

Some of the options we explore when the other driver is not adequately insured include:

  • Your own insurance: Your own car insurance policy should provide supplementary compensation if you have coverage for uninsured or underinsured motorists. If you have this coverage, you will be protected, even if the other drive has been irresponsible about insurance coverage.
  • Property-Liability Insurance Guaranty Association (PLIGA): This public program provides compensation for victims of hit and run accidents and those caused by uninsured drivers. This program focuses on compensation for victims’ medical expenses and lost wages.
  • Other sources of insurance coverage: If you were a passenger in another person’s vehicle and were injured, that person’s insurance may cover you even if the accident involved an uninsured or underinsured motorist.

Our attorneys explore all of these options and more in search of compensation for clients’ losses, expenses, and injuries caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist. We work hard to obtain as much compensation as possible under the circumstances.

Call Our Law Offices

If you or a loved one were injured in an accident with an underinsured or uninsured driver, contact us at CourtLaw. While you concentrate on recovering from your injuries, our team will determine how to obtain the maximum compensation that will allow you to pay your medical bills and to make up for lost wages. We work with doctors and hospitals to ensure payment of their bills and obtain the medical records needed to prove your injuries. We will fight to maximize your recovery for pain and suffering and any other benefits for which you are eligible. Contact us today to learn more.